Improve overall dribbling ability.
Create a 10- 45-yard grid separated into nine 5-yard sections with cones or poles. One defender is in every other 5-yard section. Sections without defenders are neutral areas. Defenders cannot leave their sections.
An attacker tries to dribble from one end of the grid to the other. If the attacker has the ball stolen, she takes the place of the defender who stole the ball, and the original defender joins the attacking line.
• Unbalance the defender with a fake.
• Change your pace to move past the defender.
• Shield the ball from a defender when necessary.
1. Make the grid larger to help players retain possession.
2. Allow players to pass the ball into the next neutral zone to move past the defender.